And there was me thinking a snap election was when you all vote for the same person…
1) This Is About That – A new fantastic three-minute video resource capturing how human marriage is all about displaying the wonder of the Christian gospel. Looks excellent for marriage prep sessions, etc.
2) Exporting the Brompton Way – Madeleine Davies has written this extended Church Times piece looking at the national influence of HTB’s model of church-planting, particularly in city centres with student populations. Really interesting. As one commentator put it: “is this the future of the C of E?”
3) Three Books Every Church Planter Should Read – This survey of various church-planters on what they’d recommend as their ‘top 3 books’ makes for a pretty comprehensive collection for planters to pop in their back pocket.
4) How to Binge Watch Like a Believer – Fascinating interview with Andy Crouch on how we approach technology as Christian families. This will really make you think – and really useful if you’re a parent or involved in youth & children’s ministry.
5) Developing a Training Church – Pastor Danny Rurlander from Moorlands Church, Lancaster, talks practically through how they’re seeking to be a church that has a training mentality at the heart of their DNA.
6) So what if Tim Farron thinks homosexuality is a sin? – Over on the current affairs site Spiked, Brendan O’Neil weighs in on this week’s media furore around Lib Dem leader (and Christian) Tim Farron: “[He] is being demonised for his private thoughts, for the contents of his soul; not even for something he did in private but for something he thinks in private.”
7) Forty-Eight Scattered Thoughts about Pastoral Ministry and Being a Pastor – Lots of bite-size wisdom here.