2) A Revolutionary Question for the Evangelical Church – David Robertson wonders why more of our churches don’t sing the Psalms; “If only God had left the churches of the world a whole book of worship songs to employ in corporate worship…”
3) The Mission Field of the Workplace – Helpful interview looking at seeing your workplace as a mission field, building on the work of churches across London.
4) Modelling Forgiveness with Your Kids – To coincide with the release of their new children’s book, The Friend Who Forgives, The Good Book Company have run two interviews with parents looking at the issue of forgiveness in family life. You can read them here and here.
5) Preaching and Teaching Christ from Proverbs – These two talks from this year’s Evangelical Ministry Assembly are really stimulating. If all of the Old Testament points to Jesus Christ, how do we faithfully preach Christ from the book of Proverbs? Scroll to the bottom of the list of resources for these two talks from Gwilym Davies – the online library doesn’t allow me to link directly to these two talks, but you can use the filters at the top of the page to highlight ‘Proverbs’. It’s a significant time commitment to listen along, but well worth the investment.
6) Confessions of a Reluctant Complementarian – Rebecca McLaughlin shares her own struggle over putting Ephesians 5:22 into practice, and offers three concerns and one challenge. Really helpful.
7) The YouTube stars heading for burnout – For something a bit different, check this out. “The most fun job imaginable became deeply bleak”. Fascinating but revealing look at some of the hopes/dreams/idols of our cultural moment – as well as showing how such dreams just can’t bear the wait we place upon them.