1) The Good Life – “A good story is not one where the monsters stay forever at bay. It’s one where the odds seem impossible but there are pages left to turn.” Yes! Thank you, Emma Scrivener. Very helpful reflection on the Christian life and our expectations for what it looks like.
2) Talks from Catalyst 2019 – I’ve heard lots of positives from this year’s annual conference from the International Presbyterian Church. The theme was, ‘The wonder, glory and joy of knowing God’, so I’m looking forward to listening in.
3) Three reflections after my first year as a Christian – Loved these ‘fresh’ observations from someone who has recently began following Jesus.
4) Does Pastoring a Small Church for Decades Make Me a Failure? An inspiring letter to a young pastor that makes us re-evaluate how we measure ‘success’.
5) Ten questions for pro-choice people – Well worth reading and useful for sharing.
6) Christian, Answer Questions People Are Actually Asking – This article by Tim Keller is actually the foreword to Dan Strange’s new book, Plugged In (review forthcoming!), but it’s a great little read in itself.
7) Why This Millennial Thinks You Should Quit Social Media Today – Not quite something different, but we all need a bit of Cal Newport in our lives.