Dust that Costa clubcard off and have a butcher’s at these.
And please note, it took every inch of self-control in my body to refrain from including highlights of West Ham’s impressive victory over Spurs (but it is available on Match of the Day…):
1) Losing My Mum, One Memory at a Time – Tim Thornborough reflects on the impact of Alzheimer’s as his Mum & him approach Mother’s Day.
2) What was a church service like in the second century? – Justin Taylor draws attention to N.R. Needham’s fascinating survey of evidence regarding church practice in the second-century.
3) Free Ed Stetzer Church Planting Modules – You can watch the first three video modules from a new Church Planting training series, Essential Church-Planting, featuring seasoned planter & planter-trainer Ed Stetzer.
4) The Surprising Discovery About Those Colonialist, Proselytizing Missionaries – An interesting account of sociologist Robert Woodberry’s research that led him to a controversial conclusion: that the nineteenth-century missionary movement had a strong, positive influence on liberal democratization.
5) The Geography of Forgiven Sins – This two-minute video from Grace Church Bedford gives a fresh presentation of the incredible results of Jesus’ death on the cross for all who would trust him.
6) Cultivating Habits of Grace – Struggle with prayer or reading your Bible? David Mathis and Crossway have put together a free five-day email video series trying to give a helping hand to cultivating these ‘habits of grace’.
7) See Us – A short and simple message for preachers, which can be easy to lose sight of.
If you want to get The Saturday Refill delivered to your inbox every week, just pop your email address in the box on the top-right.