– Hey Dan, first-up, have videos always been something you’ve been interested in creating?
– So how did that lead to the John Lewis advert re-make?
– Tell us a bit about your current role with Go Chatter and how that came about?
A British-based Christian publisher & distributor called 10ofthose had kindly given us some free resources to give-away through the Loved This Christmas website. As they say, one thing led to another and around Easter this year they approached me about this Digital Content Evangelist role. They’d been wanting to develop more short, evangelistic videos – and I hadn’t come across lots of examples of individuals or organisations doing that year-round, so it seemed like an exciting opportunity.
– And what would you say to someone who would perhaps question whether creating online videos is an effective use of time and resources?
– What’s your take on how well the Church is making the most of the opportunity of online video? Do you sense that in the UK there’s much going on?
– I know a few of the videos you’ve done with 10ofthose as Go Chatter have already made a bit of a splash on social media. Tell us a bit about some of the videos you’ve put out since you’ve started.
– Is there any way that the Church can be involved in what you’re doing?
– In terms of what an individual church could do with video, what would you suggest?
– Dan, thanks for your time. Before we go, the question I’m sure many people will be asking: can we expect to see another John Lewis mock-up from you this Christmas?!
You can catch Dan at the Premier Digital Conference on Saturday 12th November 2016, where he’ll be leading a seminar on using video as part of the conference’s overall theme of ‘Reach’.
You can subscribe to the Go Chatter Youtube Channel or subscribe to the 10ofthose mailing list to receive updates on the new videos, as well as book offers. When the Go Chatter website is up and running there will be a sign-up option there too.