A great time was had this last weekend up at Ravenstor Youth Hostel, on the outskirts of Derbyshire, enjoying a weekend with forty or so students from across the country. The Peak District is beautiful – almost felt like I was in Pride & Prejudice. Bleak horizons with sparse trees standing dark against low-sun winter sunsets. No lakes to clamber out of dripping wet though.
Some more highlights:
– Seeing old faces from camp this last summer, and how grace has been poured out!
– Quality gameage, both old and new… a personal return for the sofa-game, for the first time since SA. Mafia with 25 people was intense, and the animal games never fails to bring everyone to hysterics… “I’m a dog!”
– Brilliant food, including roast chicken and Christmas pud for lunch today
– Being able to osmosize whilst listening to older wiser Christians converse.
– Getting to know some Durham faces a lot better.
On top of all that…
Bible Teaching on the 10 Commandments, and Faith, Hope, & Love were immense.
How the law brings us to our knees – standard and standard not reached, so to have a Law-Keeper! What an amazing thing! So we press on with faith and hope and love – all key as we live for Him.
Also challenged greatly on integrity and encouraged by assurance! Enthused by the gospel as I face tomorrow!