1) To the Next Generation of Church Leaders – Wow, this is good. We need to think bigger than big.
2) The Bracing Sorrow of Sufjan Stevens’s Oscars Performance – As Angeline Liles put it, this is “some of the best executed culture and cultural comment that has ever happened”.
3) The Tyranny of Convenience – Thought-provoking stuff.
4) When the Pressure is On, What Do You Do? – This talk was given at a Lawyers Christian Fellowship conference by Richard Godden, a partner at law firm Linklaters, but its relevance is for everyone. John Stevens described it as “one of the best talks I have ever heard on being a Christian in the workplace”.
5) Confessions of a Reluctant Complementarian – When Rebecca McLaughlin first heard someone explain from the Bible that women and men were equal in value but were made for different roles, she was “repulsed”. But then something happened…
6) How Self-Aware Are People, Really, According to Science – Fascinating – and thus arresting too.
7) Porn is not the worst thing on Musical.ly – Yep, this is pretty horrifying. By the way, Musical.ly is fast becoming one of the most popular social media apps going, allowing users to create short videos and choose sound tracks to accompany them. And yet it reveals the darkness of the human heart too. This is especially important for parents, but let me also flag up for you that the descriptions of what this mother found are pretty disturbing and upsetting.
On the Blog this Week:
From the Archives: