The Sunday Refill – 7 Links for Your Weekend (11/9/16)
Seven links and not a single one about airpods…
1) How technology disrupted the truth – A long read, but fascinating stuff.
2) Ten Words of Advice for New Theological College Students – Term is kicking off in Bible colleges & seminaries across the world. This time four years ago I was beginning my time at Oak Hill – absolutely loved it, but theological college has its own snares and I was very grateful for advice like this.
3) Twenty-Something, Miserable, & Missing from Church – Rachel Jones reflects on some recent headlines and stats about the millennial generation.
4) Simple Ways to Spark a Lukewarm Devotional Life – Some practical steps from Tim Challies.
5) Hiddleswift and the human desire for happiness – Nate Morgan-Locke ponders what another celebrity break-up might tell us about our culture and what we’re made for. I for one am looking forward to the James Bond reference on TS’s next album.
6) To attract young people to your church, you’ve got to be warm. Not cool. – A striking report on some data taken from interviews with young people who are involved in church.
7) A Handy Translation Guide for Christian Facebook Statuses – Ok, this oozes subculture and cheese, but it’s pretty funny nevertheless.
And On the Blog this Week:
Starting Out in Children’s Ministry by Alison Mitchell – A Review
If you like this kind of content, why not stick your email address in the box on the top right and ensure you get the Refill delivered straight to your inbox every weekend?
Leave a Comment