The Sunday Refill – 7 Links for Your Weekend (31/5/20)
1) George Floyd Left a Gospel Legacy in Houston – Ugh. What words? But some words are better than no words, right. Michael Lawrence also asks how these horrific moments might feature in our church gatherings.
2) Rose Petals feat. Dee Wilson – This was released in May last year, but the events of the past week, above, show it’s just as needed in 2020. Breath-taking lament.
3) A Closer Look in The Mirror (and the Light) – Some thoughts and lessons for church leaders to take from the long-awaited conclusion to Hilary Mantel’s Wolf Hall trilogy of novels (I’ve not read the last one yet).
4) Online Preaching Workshop – Keswick Ministries ran a ‘online preaching’ workshop with communications expert Richard Garnett a couple of weeks ago. This is about preaching online, not simply an online workshop on preaching (although it is online!). You can watch the video now, but a second workshop has now been planned which you can book in on here. Join the DANCE…
5) Hope in the Midst of Grief, Depression & Loss – Interview with Rick & Kay Warren – I haven’t got to this yet (one of those weeks), but I’ve been told it’s a very helpful watch by at least two people and only one was my mother-in-law.
6) Seven Reflective Questions for Church Leaders based on the Lumino Bible Society Research – Ok, this is something I wrote, but it’s published somewhere else, so it can count, right?! Bible Society recently published a set of data based on YouGov survey research into UK attitudes to the Bible. I blogged about it previously, but Ian Paul encouraged me to extend the post over on his blog, and so I’ve re-shaped it into 7 Reflective Questions around the question of how we grow ‘Bible confidence’, and I think it’s a much better piece.
7) Building the Perfect Squirrel-Proof Bird-Feeder – For something a bit different, this is definitely better than it sounds.
Quote of the Week: