The Sunday Refill – 7 Links for Your Weekend (13/5/18)
1) Only Messy People Allowed: Toward a Culture of Grace – Yes! Here’s to God helping Grace Church Barrow to have such a culture as this.
2) Ministry Is Not a Place to ‘Find Yourself’ – I’m not sure we ever get over some of these temptations, but the warnings and symptoms are really helpful to hear.
3) No Room at the Inn for Minorities in Conservative Evangelicalism – It’s a fairly damning title, but the health of any movement is surely connected to its willingness to self-reflect and allow critique, especially from those who would see themselves as being ‘within the camp’. As David Shaw pointed out, the mindset of thinking everyone else needs to become a ‘little bit more like us’ is always dangerous.
4) Why I Don’t Sit With My Husband at Church – This has been getting a lot of traffic over the past few weeks. Essentially it boils down to how we see church.
5) The Importance of Character – First in a series of three posts by Ray Evans on the role of Character, Capability and Chemistry in church leadership.
6) Ten Tips for Taming Tech – Some useful ideas to make sure we have a handle on our technology use.
7) We all know what an Ibex is, right?! For something a bit different, a fun little moment from the freshened-up new series of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?