The Sunday Refill – 7 Links for Your Weekend (28/4/19)
1) The Word Speaks Again and Again – A really encouraging little anecdote about the power of God’s word.
2) The Scruton tapes: an anatomy of a modern hit job – Following on from the news about rugby player Israel Folau last week, here’s another example of the intolerance of tolerance and our culture’s worrying rush to feel offended.
3) Sri Lankan Sunday School Was ‘Willing to Die for Christ’ on Easter. Half Did. – We’ve all seen the news reports after last Sunday’s devastating bombings in Sri Lanka. As Christians around the world were celebrating Christ’s resurrection and its personal significance, for Christians in Sri Lanka that personal significance was all too real. This is a helpful report from Christianity Today.
4) How our capacity for wonder was challenged by the black hole image – Perceptive cultural reflection on the way we responded to the US National Science Foundation announcement a few weeks back about the first photo of a black hole.
5) Free eBook: The Whole Christ by Sinclair Ferguson – This is well worth snapping up whilst it’s available for free from Crossway. It’s probably the book I’ve heard most commended over the last 3 years. While we’re on free books, Richard Coekin’s rich and devotional book on Ephesians is also free to download if you sign up to the Good Book Company’s mailing list.
6) Don’t Crash Your Ministry Trying to Fly Like an Ace – What’s ministry got to do with German fighter pilots in WW2? John Stevens has a word of warning…
7) Avengers: Endgame Cast Sings ‘We Didn’t Start the Fire’ – For something a bit different, if the opening of the final (?) Avengers’ Movie was a big deal for you this week, then maybe you’ll enjoy this.
Sharing is caring. Know someone who might find these links interesting? Why not forward it on?