The Sunday Refill – 7 Links for Your Weekend (3/10/21)
1) Grace, Works and Raducanu – Fascinating reflection on Emma Raducanu’s US Open victory and whether our hearts value hard work or whether they actually pine for grace.
3) Sarah Eberle’s Psalm 23 Garden wins gold at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show – So many people know Psalm 23. How might we move people to long for the relationship it offers? Bible Society designed a garden!
4) The gospel according to Calvin (Klein) – I enjoy following this blog on preaching and culture, and this post is a really interesting take on following Calvin Klein’s naming choice of products through the generations – and how that might reveal heaps about our changing culture.
5) On Owen Strachan, William Lane Craig, and the Historical Adam – Some interesting conversations about how we read Genesis 1-3 on social media over the last couple of weeks, prompted by a new book by Christian philosopher William Laine Craig – but aside from the specifics of the debate I really valued the way Gavin Ortlund models a gracious and fair way to engage in the discussion and those he disagrees with. Be more Gavin, y’all!
6) One Day (Far Side of Our Sorrow) – Appreciated this beautiful new song from Folk Hymnal. Maybe you or someone you know would value hearing this today?
7) The Winners of the 2021 Drone Photo Awards – For something a bit different, these views are ones we don’t often get to see. Fabulous.