Need something a bit more wholesome after the latest Trump/Hillary developments? Your wish is my command…
1) The Instagram Bible – Jen Wilkin warns against building your Christianity on the kind of verses you only see in pretty Instagram posts. I guess that could equally apply to those Bible verse calendars with pictures of rabbits and waterfalls.
2) A World Without Downs – If you haven’t watched Sally Philipps’ BBC documentary exploring the implications of the new, non-invasive NHS test to diagnose Down’s Syndrome in utero, then you really need to. And then you should go read these pieces from Chris Stead and Glen Scrivener.
3) Reflections on Turning 40 While Single & Childless – Bethany Jenkins has done churches a great service by sharing her own journey in this piece.
4) Oliver Burkeman Is Busy – Short and punchy Radio 4 series on busyness. Overwhelmed? Stick one of these on while you’re washing the dishes.
5) Ten Tips From Ten Years of Church-Planting – Stephen McAlpine has been doing a series of blogposts looking back on ten years of seeking to plant new church communities. Here he sums up those ten years in ten nuggets of wisdom for others who are just beginning.
6) Why God’s Sexual Ethic Is Good for the World – Three Christians open up about their own struggles with sexuality and share how God has shown them the goodness of his sexual ethic.
7) Comedy, The Bible & Sharing our Faith: An Interview with James Cary – James Cary is a Christian who has written a number of BBC comedies. Here he’s interviewed about the funnier side of faith, and how we can use comedy to aid telling people about Jesus.
On the blog this week:
If you like this kind of content, why not pop your email address in the box on the top right and we’ll deliver the Refill direct to your inbox every Sunday?