The Sunday Refill – 7 Links for the Weekend (8/5/16)
Seven links for your Sunday, with extra helpings of Claudio’s secret-sauce.
1) The Church does not depend on ‘volunteers’ – An important point well-made by Chris Edwards. I particularly appreciated his reminder about why clergy receive stipends, not salaries.
2) Top 25 Songs Played in UK Churches – Interesting to see which songs are currently the most played in UK churches. Matt Redman has evidently served us well!
3) How to Manage Emails – Ian Paul with some useful tips on managing a busy inbox.
4) Parenting Is First About My Sin – Because it’s easy to forget what God wants to do in me as I parent.
5) Ascension Day: A Neglected Festival That Is the Foundation Of Our Faith, Hope And Mission – This week many churches marked Ascension Day in their Christian calendars. But what’s that all about? John Stevens shows why it’s so signifiant that Jesus ascended.
6) College Kids Say the Darndest Things: On Identity – In this short video Joseph Backholm takes a mic onto the campus of the University of Washington to see how far students will go in redefining someone’s identity.
7) The Leicester Supremacy – a triumph that was never supposed to happen – After the events of this week, how could we not have a Leicester link in here? Everyone loves a fairytale, but how on earth did it actually happen?
If you like this kind of content, why not put your email address in the box on the top right and ensure you get the Refill delivered first-class every weekend?