The Sunday Refill – 7 Links for Your Weekend (22/4/18)
1) What is the Biggest Problem Facing Evangelicalism? Comfort. – This piece, by Stephen Kneale – who lives and ministers in Oldham – has been causing a stir all week on the internet. Are we gripped by the idol of comfort? Anecdotes abound about ministry jobs in the south-west of the UK getting vast numbers of applications compared to few, if any, in the north…
2) Stephen Lawrence’s father says he forgives his son’s killers – Encouraging to see the impact of the Christian faith on a tragic case, especially striking given the way its shadow of racial injustice has hung over the UK for the last twenty-five years.
3) Reading deeply – Tim Chester with some helpful questions to ask as we read the Bible and apply it deeply.
4) Your church’s Annual Meeting – essential Do’s and Don’t’s – A week late for me, but one to log for next year!
5) Songs from Word Alive 2018 – Olly Knight shares the different songs his band led during the congregational singing at the evening Celebrations at the Word Alive conference/holiday week this April.
6) 15 Things Seminary Teaches Me that My Busy Pastor(ate) Can’t – In response to the trend to minimise residential theological education for trainee pastors and ministers – and in specific response to a recent book, 15 Things Seminary Couldn’t Teach Me, this is a helpful – and encouraging – balance. Nearly three years since leaving theological college at Oak Hill, I’d give this a hearty ‘Amen’.
7) Listen to the Sick Beats of Rhubarb Growing in the Dark – For something a bit different, this is glorious…
Leave a Comment