The Sunday Refill – 7 Links for Your Weekend (7/3/21)
1) Master Class: Redeeming Power: Understanding Authority and Abuse in the Church – This looks like a brilliant – and free! – way to hear Diane Langberg, a worldwide expert on this timely topic.
2) Don’t Despise Transfer-Growth – Stephen Kneale reflects provocatively on the issue of church transfer growth.
3) To My Son on His Twenty-First Birthday – Popular Christian blogger Tim Challies has bravely shared his journey of grief through his writings after his son’s sudden death last year. Now, on the occasion of his son’s 21st birthday he shares this moving note to his son.
4) The Work Of The Spirit In Preaching – Something to ponder for the preachers reading this…
5) Running evangelistic courses on Zoom – Some practical wisdom if you’re thinking of having a go at this.
6) How to Make a World: Interview with Andrew Peterson – Ok, it’s pretty much a Glen Scrivener interview every week round here at the moment, but I love hearing Andrew Peterson talk about the creative process, so enjoy. Maybe there’s someone who would be really encouraged and affirmed by hearing this?
7) Ex Best Mates – For something a bit different, this is a delightful and unusual podcast. We all know you should never text your ex. But what about your ex best mate? Two ex best mates try and catch-up on their lives in lockdown. Humane, endearing, hilarious.