The Sunday Refill – 7 Links for Your Weekend (9/4/17)
You’ll probably be glad to know this week’s Refill is not brought to you by Cadbury’s…
1) Twenty Resources on the Protestant Reformation – Andy Naselli has curated a fantastic collection of links to videos, books, and talks on the monumental events of the Reformation, to mark 500 years since it began.
2) Preaching and Personality – Some interesting stuff here, including this gem of a quotation: “Be yourself [and] Forget yourself”.
3) Why good people are divided by politics and religion – Dave Bish reflects on Jonathan Haidt’s much-discussed book, The Righteous Mind. It’s a really interesting analysis of how people are driven by different values (e.g. equality vs holiness) – and what that might then mean for communicating.
4) A Day-By-Day Guide to Holy Week – Crossway have created a series of videos explaining the significance of the events we remember in this week leading upto Easter Sunday.
5) Our Pepsi Protest Party – Pepsi’s recent ‘Protest’ ad, featuring Kendall Jenner, has been absolutely slated this week. This is a brilliant cultural piece reflecting on why reactions have been so strong.
6) Five Reasons to Believe Jesus Rose From the Dead – With his killer combination of illustrative simplicity and felicitous word-smithery, Adam 4d’s comics are always brilliant. This is a classic looking at the evidence for the resurrection – and well worth sharing this week.
7) The Gospel According to Mark read by David Suchet – The masterful David Suchet (of Hercule Poirot fame) recently read the whole of Mark’s gospel aloud at St Paul’s Cathedral. Stunning.
On the Blog this Week: